Update;

I called Savage last week and asked them to call when my rifle was being shipped, so I would know when to expect it, and arrange for neighbor tio sign for it. They called today. She said they shot two 3 shot groups at 100yds, with Federal gold medal, and both groups were .9". Not what I expected to hear. And that they were going to ship it back tomorrow. We had a little friendly discussion. I told I was confused how the rifle was shooting the first three cold shots about 2" apart at 25yds, using different scopes, shooters, and good ammo, including Wolf Match 40gr, but it could now do three cold shots at 100yds under an inch. ?????????

As stated, it was a friendly discussion, and she said they she would check with the shooter and a service rep, and call me tomorrow.

As also stated, I'm just confused. Not angry, or making accusations, just confused. I guess I'll know more when I get it back and take it to the range. Hopefully, I'll get it by Friday, so I can take it to a big get together at a local range on Sunday. That way, I can have others shoot it in case the problem reappears.

I'll update when I know more.

Thanks, guys.