Hey Gene - It would probably NOT be a good idea to let both our women get together to discuss dumb stuff they know about. my 'ol lady could write a book If I let her.

There's not much you can tell me about the application of paint. As a general contractor that specializes in remodelling, I work with painters all week long. I have a full time guy that's a painter. it's just that I hate to do it & I really suck at it. I think one may have something to do with the other.... I'm not sure.

No matter. That project of yours turned out really excellent. Y'all don't know how much inspiration I've drawn from your project's. One of these days I 'spose I'll get a running start after a deep breath & jump into one of my own.
One of these days..

Anyway, best of luck to ya with it. Let's see a few more targets in a couple weeks - after you get it broken in & it breaks you in.
I think I saw you mention it's a .270. I have one that can do no wrong. It loves 130gr Noslers with 55.6 of H4831. When I'm having a good day, it'll use the same hole on a target. Fun caliber to shoot, I say.
AND.... It doesn't hurt after 30 rounds or so.
Stay well
Frank in Fla