Hello all,
Well, I think it's time to share my first build I'm doing now. I started out lurking for a while, then I joined when I decided to get seriuos about the rebuilding of my 110. Since I absorbed all the info everyone else put in threads and replies. It just seems right.
I started with a110 savage, SF, Blind mag, 22" 270win syn stocked, blued. I bought for my Father back in 99 or so for his birthday. He has since pasted in 02. Well, the gun came back to me and has sat in the safe since. Reason being I was raised on the 270win in the hardwoods of PA chasing whitetails and bears and had multiple rifles in 270win and 270wsm already. So after some thought and getting bit by the long range bug I thought Hey, " what about a 270wby w/ a 9 twist"? As I realized 270wby was missing from my collection, I had memory comeback as a young boy sitting at the reloading bench with Dad and him telling me back in the 70's about 270wby, while looking through the Hornady Manual. After Dad showed me the increase in fps and ballistic table in back I inquired, "why don't ya shoot that"? His response was something along the lines of not on what George Westinghouse pays(those from Western Pa probably remember when there were Mills that were in USA). Anyway Here Is my tribute build to my old man. The 270wby he never did get, But his youngest Grandson will when he's ready for it. I guess It's just fitting since Fathers day is coming up and reminds ya they won't be around forever.

My parts for Build:
*Mag bolt head
*Firing pin
*B&C stock
*JB for bedding
*Turbo bolt handle and trigger spring (mine must of sprung into another dimension when it left the trigger group ::)) from MScott (Great guy, very helpful)
*Heavy duty lug from NSS not here yet, Saturday it will be. ( Jim Briggs another good guy and wealth of info)
*Douglas 26" 1-9 twist #5 straight taper to .7 plus a Harold brake. (for the high BC. Bergers coming and the Matrix that are out)
*EGW 20MOA base
*Weaver 4 screw tact rings
*Vortex Viper PA 6.5x20 mildot Capped turrets.
*6-9" bipod
*Midway Padded cheek rest

Here we have what's cooking while wife is at work today. Dura coat spray and bake in Coyote tan, degreased and prepped steel and degreased again. Everything but springs bolt head and firing pin and barrel(barrel was in second batch) here parts are baking. SHH don't tell mrs.

Yummy Baked rifle w/ a side of fumes.

Tommorrow some bolt assembly and more pics.
Thanks for looking in on my build, comments welcome.

Gene