John, there's one guy out of about 25 that is using a 22-250 in our match's and He is doing extremely well using factory ammo with it. At the 250 yard range a 22-250 should be just fine, the bullet will be at the target so fast at 250 yards that it shouldn't be affected by the wind too much unless it's gale force wind.

I don't think I've EVER seen a guy at the bottom of the pack using a 6br they seem to produce ity bity groups and they can get to 1000 yards if needed. They also have low recoil which helps your body stay relaxed and calm, I will be getting into a 6br eventually.

The one downfall on shooting the .308 at these match's is the recoil and torque. Not that it can't be done, it's just a bigger challenge to control that baby through out 40+ rounds.

Normally I am a 180"s shooter prone with a .308, but look what happened when I shot a friends .222, the non existing recoil helped me to remain completely relaxed. This was off a bench at a match held at 185 yards. Score was 199 33x good for second place, missing first by .060". The winner shot a 200 30x.

This was my best performance ever and I can still hardly believe it!