Quote Originally Posted by Celtic Warrior
Quote Originally Posted by seanhagerty
Frank,

I have a Millett LRS. It has a honking big tube, 35mm. I am pretty hapy with it. Had a bit of an issue with how to zero the turrets out once I had the scope zero'd to the load. Millett helped me figure it out. I would buy another one.

The SF is a great feature. I like being able to lay down and not have to position to adjust the focus. The view does get a bit dim at the highest mag. Not a deal breaker for me.

you get a thumbs up from me on this.

Sean
Sean - I also have a LRS and trouble zero setting the turrets. They click (and move the retical) with the screw backed all the way out. I called Millett and the tech told me to back the screws out futher, which I did but the only way the turrets spin freely is when the turret screws click the, again moving the retical.

What, if I may ask, did they tell you to do?
You are having the same trouble I was. I took the cheap route away from this problem. I cut a strip of white paper and taped it around the elevation turret covering the numbers and the hashmarks. Then I covered the whole paper with clear tape.

So, I have a piece of white paper instead of the numbers, and I write my yardage on it. As an example, I zero at 100 yards so I have a tick mark drawn on the paper and the number "100" right above it. I know my 200 yard zero is 7 clicks UP from my 100 yard zero, so I have another tick mark and the number "200" above it, etc...... So far I have only verified data out to 600, but plan to do farther.

For come ups, now I dont have to do anything but dial in the elevation. If its colder, I might add an extra click. If its warmer, I might take a click out.

It may not be permenant, but I will see how this lasts.

Sean