Thread: Rimfire scopes?

Basic Member

Rimfire scopes?

I just ordered a Mark II BTVLSS in .22 to use for plinking and to get some trigger time so I don't have to burn up so much ammo in my 22-250 model 12 FVSS. Has anyone used a Mueller 4.5-14 AO? Not looking to break the bank but don't want junk either.

Thanks

riverat

Re: Rimfire scopes?

you can,t go wrong with any Mueller scope for the price range that they fall into,great Customer Service.

Jeff

Basic Member

I have 2 of those scopes and for the cost they can not be beat.
    Man and man's best friend. Still looking at the green side of sod

jstanfield103

Plus one on the Mueller scopes, they are great.

cheap22

I have one of there 8X32 on my BTV and love it.We have a couple of people at our range that have the 4.5X14 and using one of them is why I went with the Muller.

Quote Originally Posted by jstanfield103
    Plus one on the Mueller scopes, they are great.
    +2!
    Vietnam Vet, Jun 66 - Dec 67

Basic Member

Thanks guys, I ordered a Mueller 4.5-14 X 40 AO Tactical. I really liked the mil dot reticle, now I just need to figure out to use it.

http://muelleroptics.com/mt451440

Billcurtis
    I shoot a Mueller 4.5x14x40 AO and it is a great scope, in fact it beats out many scopes that cost twice as much. I just got back from the range and was shooting my new Savage MKII BV .22 , this combo is deadly accruate, This is the first scope that I have owned that is click repatable. That is, if you move 10 clicks in any direction and 10 back the rifle is back on its orignal zero.
    I have had mine for 5 years, and now they make the same scope with milldots, I plan on getting one soon.
    Bill...
    Quote Originally Posted by justinp61 View Post
    I just ordered a Mark II BTVLSS in .22 to use for plinking and to get some trigger time so I don't have to burn up so much ammo in my 22-250 model 12 FVSS. Has anyone used a Mueller 4.5-14 AO? Not looking to break the bank but don't want junk either.

Thanks
    Last edited by Billcurtis; 07-18-2012 at 03:32 PM. Reason: spelling error

oldguy
    Mueller has some great low cost scopes, I have an APV and an 8-32x44 target dot,clear glass edge to edge. Personally I would have selected the APV over the tactical especially on a rim fire, less clutter in the glass and the 4 plex is great for hunting.

Billcurtis
    Quote Originally Posted by oldguy View Post
    Mueller has some great low cost scopes, I have an APV and an 8-32x44 target dot,clear glass edge to edge. Personally I would have selected the APV over the tactical especially on a rim fire, less clutter in the glass and the 4 plex is great for hunting.
    I would agree with you for hunting, however with the scope on the .22 rimfire, you can zero for 50 and use mildots for zero at 75 and 100 yards.
    Bill...

EAW
    +1 on Mueller scopes!

Basic Member
    how much did the mueller cost you???
    I put a 3-9x40 w/ ballistic plex, burris fullfield II on my 17hmr. love that scope. it was around 200 i think. bought it back in 06. my model 64 22lr has a cheapo $50 fixed 4x40. it's alright, obviously nothing special. holds 0, and has a relatively clear view to just passed 100yds.
    i'm thinking about getting a skinny barrel mark2, might just grab a heavy bbl...
    Couple rf's, couple cf's, and 1 12g.

Everything I once held dear
    I count it all as lost

Basic Member
    leupold will reset the parallex distance in your scope to your choice for $15. as many no doubt know they will also install knobs.
    you can also custum order for parallex and purchase factory direct. i recently bought a redfield revelution 3x9 with a requested
    setting of 50 yds for my 22 mag.

Basic Member
    leupold will reset the parallex distance in your scope to your choice for $15. as many no doubt know they will also install knobs.
    you can also custum order for parallex and purchase factory direct. i recently bought a redfield revelution 3x9 with a requested
    setting of 50 yds for my 22 mag.