Today I purchased the 6.5 creedmoor LRP. The gun already has everything that I wanted, target action, target trigger, HS stock with dbm....but I want to loose some weight by spinning off the 1" bull the gun comes with and spinning on a lighter 26" tube.

Savage lists the gun at 11 lbs.... My goal is to get it down to 9-9.5 (bare gun). I have been doing a little guesstimating on the components that make up the gun to get an idea of a barrel weight that would meet my goals. Here is how I have it broken down, correct me if I'm off:

Action with trigger, bolt, recoil lug and nut -2.5 lbs
HS stock- 3 lbs
Factory 1" bull- 5.5 lbs
11 lbs total

If my estimates are close, I could take off the 1" bull and sell it and spin on a 3.5 to 4 lb barell to get the gun down to 9-9.5 lbs.

If u guys were doing the same, which barrel maker and contour would u install to meet this goal and to also have the barell look like it belongs in the stock because surely the stock has a pretty wide channel to have fit the factory bull in.

I have read a lot of good stuff on this site about the criterion barrels and I see that they make a varmit contour that finishes at .800 and weighs about 4 lbs which might put the gun at around 9.5 or if fluted maybe around 9??? What about the light varmit contour that CBI has?? Would this barell look goofy in the HS stock? It weighs in at 3.5 lbs...I just don't know how wide the barrel channel is on the LRP hs stock and what would look okay and what wouldent....Anyone else done this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Respectfully,

Crowe