Just swapped on an SSS recoil lug, lapped the locking lugs, and reset the headspace on a Stevens 200. In the midst of setting the headspace, I got a tad tight w no lube yet on the lugs and slightly galled a portion of one. I was able to clean most of it up w the lapping compound. There's certainly no high spots left, but only a couple pits smaller than a pencil lead both in the bolt head and in the integral lugs. All in all, I think there's still much more contact now that there was stock. I haven't got a chance to fire it again and see what the groups are like. Has anyone else had a similar experience, and if so, how did you deal w it? I know shaving the surface of the lugs and swapping the bolt head would be the ideal solution, but I don't yet have an action truing jig built. Which brings me to another question. I know that Savage doesn't dial in a precision ground rod in the bore of every action to do machining steps. I know that awhile back, each feature of the receiver was done separately on various machine tools so the action had to be rechucked/setup a lot on the line. So, if a fella isn't desiring to do make the perfect cut as a precision aftermarket smith w a jig might, could he get stock results by simply chucking on the OD of the receiver?