Thought I would share with you the most comfortable day/expedition pack I have ever used. $70.00

Sportsmans Guide has been carrying a lot of Fox tactical packs for sale for a while. The expedition pack on the right has become my bugout pack and is ready for 5 days gone as it sets. Though I did not buy the pack through Sportsmans it did cause me to go to their website. SInce they do not sell to the general public I was extremely happy to find that at least one mistake was made and I ended up with this incredible pack.
1. Note the orange handle of my Gerber machete. There is nothing but a stiffening board for the pack untill I put a boat type cutting board and my machette in this zippered slot.
2. The wood balls which are going to be replaced shortly are to keep slung guns from sliding off the shoulders all day. Hands free on the gun unless one takes a forward dive.
3. The pack has two side pounches that are easily accessed and a front pouch which I modified for my needs. Initually that front pouch dropped and made a extention back from the pack allowing one to put sleeping bags,pads, etc on the front of the pack. I actually cut all straps and attachment hardware off so I could access the pocket without removing the pack and turning it upside down. I then used beaners to reattach the front pouch to the molle strap systm,. note; There are molle straps everywhere.
4. Not visible in this picture. This day pack has a separate compartment in which the bottom circumferance of the pack unzips and the entire bottom drops 6-8 inches allowing for a separate zip compartment for more storage!!
5. Currently I did not want to unpack the pack, so shown on the floor is what was in another pack. But is also contained in the day pack. The 48" sleeping pad weighs 2 pounds. The sleeping bag though a summer 40 degree bag also 2 pounds works awesome getting the wife warm in the winter when used along with a poncho over clothing. -35 windchill and she can smile has to be a good thing. Now if you take our two ponchos and velcro them together and each has either the poncho liners or the sleeping bag pictured this setup works great for an accidental overnight sheep camp.

6. The stove pictured works fair in freezing temperatures and will cook a meal but I like my Wisperlite white gas or any type of fuel stoves when the temps get cold. When it is above freezing this Jetboil has no peers for rapid boiling of water. It flat out gets-r-done. Friends that use to have various cooking stoves stopped using their other stoves after seeing I was eating and done before they had water boilig in many cases used my stove. They now own their own jetboil system. What is neat with this system is the top container and the stove slot together so heat doesn't escape and this system is hard to tip over. My jetboil fork,spoon,spatula,handle and frying pan along with the stove all fit in one tight packed kit like pictured.

Currently the pack on the right is the most comfortable up to 35 pounds pack I have ever had on my body. As pictured the pack is not full and I am walking with this pack at 35 pounds getting ready for an August sheep hunt. I have carried this pack most of the winter and was a wonderful addition to my winter snowshoeing. To date I can not say enough good about this pack. It is somewaht heavy in my opinion empty but the material,zippers and workmanship appear to be quite good. If it starts to fray I have an awl and the needed stuff in the pack to fix anything. SO far I have carried a lot of weight for several hundred miles without sign of coming apart. The other two packs have been on this old body for 35 years and are my go to heavy load meat and or hide packs. I have also modified them to my frame and needs as well.

If there is any interest I would be happy to take the different items contained in this pack apart and show what is actually inside. SO let me know if there is interest. This day pack as stated is my grab and gone pack. The entire thing is a survival kit.

Neal