Hello all! I have been shooting for years but have never owned a Savage rifle untill yesterday. I purchaced a used 110e in 30-06. All in all the rifle is in great shape still has old styrofoam and cosmoline from the original packaging. However I did find one flaw after shooting it for the first time and giving it a detailed cleaning. I found a hairline crack in the front baffle. I found a replacement on midway for 4 bucks but I'm wondering if I can replace it myself or if I should take it to a gunsmith? If it's a drop in fix I have no concerns, but if I could possibly affect the head space or bullets ability to seat I would be worried. The gun functions well despite this crack is it something that is not a priority to fix? This is my first center fire bolt and I have no idea. I have made repairs on several of my other guns though. I also am having trouble finding a date of manufacture. The serial number is e806xxx. Also the screw on the bolt is slotted instead of hex. Does anyone know what year this change in design took place? If not I guess I'll just wait until I can call savage this week. Thank you for any and all help.