;D Yeah....you know your a gun nut when.......Last November I bot an in stock 6.5 Swede Shilen heavy barrel from Jim. Then Midway...at some point had their B&C Varmit\Tactical stocks (aluminum block bedded) on sale and I picked up one of those.

Now, last fall I had (and still have...and plan to keep) my Shilen 6.5 contour barrel with a Savage laminated stock. It's all wrenched and bolted to a Model 10 (yes...a short action) single shot action stainless. The contour barrel is very accurate, but for bench shooting and varmit shooting, it won't give me the cloverleaf groups I just gotta have!! :D

So, I un-wrenched the contour barrel and un-bolted the laminated wood stock....and then wrenched and headspaced the heavy shilen barrel and bolted it onto the new B&C stock....and Wha.....LA!!!! Here is what I ended up with:

Now, I went to the range and put about 30 rounds down the tube with the "contour ammo." Since then I've had a chance to measure the chamber OAL and I need to do a little tweeking of the seating depth, but the preliminary results look very promising!!! BTW, this is a single shot action. I like single shot actions. For some reason...simple is just easy to work with. ;D

And when the summer is over.....I'll change it back to a 6.5 Swede that is not only accurate.....but much lighter to carry!!!!

Dave