Thread: Shillen match select barrel from NSS

tactical723

Shillen match select barrel from NSS

I have to give a testimony on my new .260 Rem Shillen match select barrel from Jim at NSS. Installed it myself about a month ago with a match NSS recoil lug as well. I have a model 10FP action, stock Accutrigger, and its installed in a XLR Evolution chasis. When I was shooting my stock Savage model 10 - .308 barrel in 24in, I had very good accuracy. Could shoot 3/8 to 1/2 groups all day long. But of course, I drank the .260 Rem Koolaid and had to have it after seeing several shooters at our matches make the switch, heck yea a flatter shooting projectile. Well I finally got the range 2x this week (we have been underwater with recent flooding). Well it took 2 times to the range using several recipes and I think I found it, today I shot a 1/4 group and had many rounds clover leafing through the same hole. So far, I have shot 45 break in rounds. The receipe I found that really did well for my 142gr SMK is 43 gr of H4350, OAL @ 2.845, thats .020 off the lands, came in at 2735 to 2745 fps, using brand new Rem brass and CCI primers. Here is a photo of my rig, Vortex FFP Viper PST 6X24 scope in MOA/Mil, the stock and stainless barrel have been duracoated.
    [img width=1024 height=682]http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj174/tactical723/SavagewShillen.jpg[/img]

davemuzz

Re: Shillen match select barrel from NSS

Aw Man.....you have my stock that I've been drooling over. Time....just a little more time....... :P

Very nice set up!
    Vietnam Vet, Jun 66 - Dec 67

Quote Originally Posted by GaCop
    Very nice set up!
    I Agree! Looks very nice.
    ”I have a very strict gun control policy: if there’s a gun around, I want to be in control of it.”
    ~Clint Eastwood

Trent

That is wicked nice! More photos please.

I'm surprised you're not topping 2800 with 43gr of H4350.

tactical723

I think I am getting the 50 fps less velocity due to the longer OAL