I was a paying member here at one time so I am aware that there are classifieds for paying members so if this post is deemed inappropriate an removed, I will completely understand although this isn't exactly a WTS or WTB ad. I am active duty Air Force and have 4 kids so I am of very limited means. I am also an assistant scoutmaster for Troop 57 in Mountain Home Idaho and would like to build a special gift for one of my scouts. He turned 18 so he is no longer actually in the troop but he made Eagle just in the nick of time so he will be having his promotion ceremony on the 31st. His family is in much more dire straits than mine and they really can't afford a good hunting rifle for him so he borrows one of mine every year. They borrow shotguns from me too, in fact, they have had my Benelli M1 for about 6 months now. Anyway, this kid is really special and deserves a great gift for his Eagle promotion and I would like to build him a rifle of his own. I have never met another kid like him. He is mature, respectful, trustworthy, and epitomizes the Scout Oath and Law like no other scout I have known in my several years with this troop. I would trust this 18 year old kid with my life or my daughter any day! What I am asking is for anyone who has any parts that they could spare to donate to this build. All I have to start with is a factory birch stock and an action wrench and barrel nut wrench. I would like to build it in 30-06 because he loves to hunt elk and mulies and I think it's a great caliber (although I don't own one myself). If there is any way I could get the barrel, action, scope, rings, mount, trigger group donated that would be awesome. Either way, if most or some could be donated, I might be able to scrounge enough cash to cover the items that are not donated. I was just going to give him my 14 year old's 270 because he really has no interest in hunting at this point but I just can't bring myself to give up on him yet.