Thread: Would like to hear opinions on the actual killing power of a 270 Win large game

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    NATTY BUMPO

Re: Would like to hear opinions on the actual killing power of a 270 Win large game

The 270 is adequate for everything up to and including field mice, assuming a good, stout 150 gr. bullet is used, but only for female and juvenile mice. I wouldn't recommend one for a bull mouse as they are much tougher and it is simply not enough gun.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NATTY BUMPO View Post
    The 270 is adequate for everything up to and including field mice, assuming a good, stout 150 gr. bullet is used, but only for female and juvenile mice. I wouldn't recommend one for a bull mouse as they are much tougher and it is simply not enough gun.
    I Have to ask, Have you ever used a .270? Also what is your source of such a wealth of information?
    I personally have seen a lot of bull moose taken down with a winchester model 70 in .270. As for the field mice you mention, It is probably accurate enough for those too

rattfink
    Quote Originally Posted by NATTY BUMPO View Post
    I once took a bull mouse with a .22 LR. True story. Shot placement is key.