OK .... I am new to the forum and originally posted questions to an old thread ... my bad. But anyway, here goes with trying to get this right. I bought a couple Stevens 200s .... one for me and one for my wife. With those guns I have 4 barrels .... 2 in 250-3000 Savage and 2 in 7mm-08. I bought the guns primarily because it seemed to be a cheap way to own "barrel swap" guns and now I want to re-chamber one 250 Savage barrel to 25-300WSM and one 7mm-08 barrels to 7mm WSM.

Note that one of the actions is center feed and one of the actions is staggered feed. Questions:

1. Is one of the two actions (center feed vs staggered feed) better suited to the short/fat WSM cartridge? Or, will I have to order a new magazine box either way .... hoping that the WSM box for a 10 will fit into my Stevens 200?

2. I should be able to use the WSM bolt head for a Savage 10 on my Stevens 200s? The reason I ask is that I notice the newer 10s have a larger barrel shank ... so, just wanted to make sure that Savage did not alter the WSM bolt head to match the larger threaded area on the thicker barrels for the 10.

3. The bolt head on my 7mm-08 is push feed. I noticed that the bolt face for the 10s chambered in WSM is controlled feed. Is that going to cause problems with the magazines I have in my 08s? Will any problems be fixed if I order a WSM box for a 10?

4. Now here is the really big one. Remember that I am interested in CHEAP/do-it-yourself swap guns. So, does anyone have experience with using a t-handle and rented reamers ... as in renting reamers to re-chamber my barrels on the cheap and in the action vs taking them to a smith? I would love to do that if I can???

CheapGun