Thread: Look at the new IOR ....... WOW!!!!!!!

officejet

Look at the new IOR ....... WOW!!!!!!!

http://www.valdada.com/product/b6c36...cba2090e1.aspx

Gonna be goin on my new 338 RUM build for sure !

Aircraftmech76

Re: Look at the new IOR ....... WOW!!!!!!!

Yep, and only 3 lbs.; it'll help soak up all that recoil :-)

But at over $3600 it will lighten your wallet. :D
    "Muzzle velocity is a depreciating asset, not unlike a new car, but BC, like diamonds, is forever."-German A. Salazar

Senderofan

I think the MAP is $3399 : http://www.libertyoptics.com/index1.html Scott has his stuff listed at MAP. It's heavy and expensive.....but most top of the line scopes are in that price range...March, S&B, Heinsholdt and even US Optics. Been reading some reviews on the "Terminator" and it seems they really hit a home run with the glass, it's got a version of their HD glass in it. I had a 6-24x IOR a couple of years ago.....pretty amazing glass but the internals were funky. Evidently they've addressed the internals issues. If a guy has that kind of cash...needs the magnification and weight isn't an issue...this would probably be one to put on the list.

Pretty interesting scope! Would be divorce papers for me if I made a move on one :D.

Wayne

helotaxi

You'd probably have to spent that much over again in bases and rings to keep it in place with a hard kicking rifle. I wouldn't go with less than 1" wide rings and a base with a recoil lug would be a must. Opening the base mounting screws up to #8 might be warranted.

officejet

Now that is just silly:
    1. It comes with rings that have yet to fail on any IOR scoped rifle I own.
    2. When you put a 35 minute rail on a 16 pound rifle and locktite down all 4 screws with the red stuff, it a'int gonna shoot loose.
    3. If you can't afford it, don't buy it. If you can, it is the ultimate. :)

helotaxi

Quote Originally Posted by officejet
    3. If you can't afford it, don't buy it. If you can, it is the ultimate. :)
    Afford, yes. Want, no. Have no use for one. It's clearly geared toward the .338LM and .50BMG and I shoot neither. For any practical application or any other caliber, it's WAY too heavy and hardly the "ultimate". Nice glass and the mid tube focus is cool, sure, but SFP and MOA and/or BDC turrets on a high-end tactical scope? What were they thinking?

Basic Member

Not sure about "ultimate" but the IORs I own are very, very good.

Not sure why any one is so hung up on FFP? The vast majority of people have LRFs so for them it is completely pointless and more expensive. Plus a lot of people don't know how to use the dots or hash marks to range any way.

Quote Originally Posted by 319
    Not sure about "ultimate" but the IORs I own are very, very good.

Not sure why any one is so hung up on FFP? The vast majority of people have LRFs so for them it is completely pointless and more expensive. Plus a lot of people don't know how to use the dots or hash marks to range any way.
    FFP Dots or Hash marks are nice to have for middle distances hold-over, like out to 600y or so. Past that I'll break out the PDA, LRF, weather station and start clicking.
    "Muzzle velocity is a depreciating asset, not unlike a new car, but BC, like diamonds, is forever."-German A. Salazar

helotaxi

Quote Originally Posted by 319
    They have plenty of uses beyond ranging. Having a reference calibrated to the turrets to make a correction for when you see the dust fly comes immediately to mind. As far as LRFs go, most max out somewhere between 600 and 1000 yds. That would make them essentially useless at the ranges such a scope and the rifles it was designed for start to make sense. Also, who cares about "most people"? A scope like this isn't marketed for "most people".

I'm sure it is an excellent scope, but for the target market, they totally missed the details.

Basic Member

I saved forever to finally afford an IOR and I must say I am not happy at all with it or their service. I have other scopes which were nice but not that nice. Things like Leupold Burris XTR etc then I sprung for a 4-14-50mm IOR. I could not wait to get it up and mounted. As soon as I unboxed it I got out the other scopes to compare with it and was shocked to see how BAD the IOR was. It looked like a $300 scope or worse. I called and complained they nuanced around a few days and after several more calls by me I finally got them to agree to let me return it.

They sent me another "new" one to replace it with no admission that there was a problem with the first one. Ray Charles could have seen it was bad. The next one came and it is better for sure but still not what I would call super clear. It is MAYBE equal to the Leupolds or Burris I have that costs half the price. I guess that was my first and last IOR that I will get.

Members who have read this thread in the last 1 days: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.