Thread: Hundred Years later - finally got one, 375

Basic Member

Hundred Years later - finally got one, 375

My 375H&H showed up today from Numrich. Its a savage barrel and I have a savage muzzle brake that should be here soon. The barrel came with a thread protector that saying it was rough would be nice. I had to sand it to remove the rust and not it matches the barrel pretty well. But, hopefully, the muzzle break works with this barrel easily and I wont need the thread protector.

--------Savage - the last refuge for the persecuted left handed rifleman----------------

ellobo

Re: Hundred Years later - finally got one, 375

Good for you. I understand the prairie dogs and coyotes are getting bigger all the time. ::)

El Lobo

Basic Member

It goes into the group of overpowered cool to have chambering. Butbthats the beauty of the savage, only need the barrel to satisfy the wants.

A little mix up with the brake, inner sleeve was correct but the wrong outer sleeve. I have to send it back to savage and they should get it sorted out.
    --------Savage - the last refuge for the persecuted left handed rifleman----------------

Basic Member

375 H&H rocks! Nuff said ;D 8)
    &quot;Michigan&#39;s DNR system is the biggest threat to it&#39;s whitetail herd&quot;<br />&quot; Forget Smith and Wesson, our house is protected by Holland and Holland&quot;

Basic Member

while I am waiting to get this pulled together and free up an action to mount it, I am thinking about what bullets to use. I am considering the Speer 235 with the hope that I could seat them deep and the round would fit in my magazine. I measured 3.5" max length for fitting in the magazine well. It may be a bit of a jump to the lands but worth a try. I dont see myself using 270 or 300gr bullets because I dont hunt big animals, if this ever gets taken on a hunt at all.

hornet13

Baja I have also purchased the same barrel from numrich. I cut mine down to 20.5" and recrowned. Currently I am developing a LOW END velocity Hornady 225gr SP for deer sized eats. REcoil is Very acceptable with the P.A.D. the average joe wouldn't need a brake. That said I am also working on a 300gr full house load for bear (if I ever get a tag) and it kicks like very angry mule.

defoxer

hang on... my 375 dosen't have a brake....what the... brake on a 375??? - takes the fun away; may as well have a 308.
    You'll have a lot of fun shooting that baby

Basic Member

Thats the best part of the Savage muzzle brake, on and off, when you let your friend shoot the gun, you quickly twist it to the off position,

gotcha

thats just plain.... Wrong ;D Have fun !