Quote Originally Posted by nsaqam
Very nice.

On your previous LW build how much do you think you could've saved by going with say a 20 oz synthetic instead of the laminate thumbhole?

Do you by chance remember what a #1 barreled Savage SA weighed?
As stated, I've look at all kinds of possible combinations. I was able to get a Boyds laminated thumbhole with a 3 lb starting weight down to 24 oz by shortening the forend and enlarging the thumbhole similar to maco the shark stock on my Savage 93-17HMR. The 22" SS Sinman #1 contour barrel weighed 2.0 lbs 1 oz. A Savage factory sporter barrel shortened to 20" will be around 2 lbs 6 oz for comparison.

The following are my observations from attempting to build a LW Savage using a standard SA.
• As mentioned above, a composite blind magazine stock will be the lightest. The Savage factory, B&C Carblite Classic and Stockade Hunter are all in the 28 to 32 oz range.
• If you want a DBM or HFP stock and metal TG, that will add 12 oz in weight. If Savage Arms will sell you the parts, you could replace the metal DBM assembly on an Accustock with the composite DBM assembly used on the Savage LWH. My guess is that would save 6-8 oz.
• A 22” Savage factory sporter barrel is around 2 lbs 10 oz. with a weight savings of around 2 oz per inch removed.
• A 22” barrel with #1 contour will be around 2.0 lbs.
• Compact/ultralight scope tubes are short and somewhat limit mounting options. Talley LW rings are the lightest option.