On a different note, I used the Nosler Etip, 150gr for my 308 this year. It too, wears a 20" barrel, and truthfully, I was only pushing them about 2600 from the muzzle. Only a moderate level load.

Shot my deer at 180yds. i was high on a hill side shooting down at him. He was angling slightly towards me, not the ideal shot, but he was so fast in and out of my shooting lanes, I took the only shot I had. I held right behind the left shoulder ( do not like using the shoulder shot, too much lost meat), and squeezed. At the shot he jumped, I saw a cloud of dust from the ground behind him, and he took off. He only ran 50 yds before dropping dead. Bullet entered high near the front of the left lung, passed through the right lung and liver on it's way back out again. Probably a quarter sized exit wound.

Not a huge hole, but by the same token, I had so little wasted meat it was almost like my archery kills. My rifle gave me 1.5" groups, and that was the first and only load I tried. Season was getting close, and money was running short. This particular rifle didn't like the Barnes 150gr TSX at any load.

I do have some 130gr TTSX's I am gonna load pretty hot, to see what happens.