I just sighted in my 220F today... didn't put any shells in the magazine... just dropped the shell on the follower and chambered the round.
I'm experiencing the same problem... the shell doesn't eject when I cycle the bolt... I have to pick the shell out of the chamber.
I ran out of time, so I didn't solve the problem... I'll be using the gun Monday for opening shotgun season in Massachusetts.

I'm guessing that the ejecting shell relies on the up pressure from the magazine follower spring, and the shell to be loaded, to eject the fired shell.
Try stretching the follower spring to create more up pressure on the shell to be loaded... and see if that helps... There may be less up pressure after
the first shell in th magazine feeds.

The good news is that, after sighting in, my LightFields grouped just over 1" at 100 yards... so I'm looking forward to opening day!
But it may be necessary to concentrate on "One Shot One Kill" till I solve the ejection problem.
I think this is going to be my dream slug gun for shotgun only Massachusetts deer hunting.

Lightweight, accurate with my Bushnell Trophy 1-4 w/Illum 1 min dot in reticle, hopfully reliable (We'll See), and AccuTrigger...
A Savage Rifle With a Slug Barrel... and a Big Bolt Face.

Good Luck,

JR