Well just bought my 3rd new Axis in 223, I still haven't fired one in a factory cartridge. The first was rebarreled to 20 Practical AI, with a used Remington barrel, it shoots great. The second one was rebarreled to 204 Ruger, with a factory Savage barrel, it shoots great. The 3rd one was rebarreled to 20 Vartarg, with a Shilen varmint weight barrel, I haven't had a chance to shoot it yet but I see no reason that it wont shoot. The triggers on all 3 wouldn't even register on my trigger gage, but after a few minutes I had the first one down to 2 1/2lb and the other two are about the same now. I like this little rifle, don't think I would build a BR rifle on one but for building a light weight varmint gun they have been just what I was looking for (under $300). The one thing I have noticed though is the barrel nut on all 3 has had to have the wrench to get it all the way off, they use some sort of grease with small steel shot in it for some reason. I just wish someone would come up with an after market stock, in some sort of a varmint style preferably.

Anyone else out there building anything on one of these rifles?

Bob