Thread: Bushnell scope

mbuckley52

Bushnell scope

I bought a Model 116 270 package, used from a guy in Ft Worth, I got a super deal on it, (250.00) for gun, scope, sling and case, and no it's not hot.

I was at the range yesterday shooting it and after about 25 rounds, the scope broke. I took it to cabela's and
    of course they wanted to sell me a new one, it is a Bushnell 3x9 32 and was part of the package that savage sold.

I love the gun and want to keep it, but have to get a new scope, so I bought one on line today ans will have it by the end of the week.

anyone else have that problem?

thanks
    mbuckley52

swampcrawler

Re: Bushnell scope

You will notice that 40 people read your post--before I stuck my $0.02 worth in. Could be that all 40 of them knew for a fact that the Bushnell scope that is supplied with the "package rifles"is a certified POS. Welcome to the forum, and I'm fairly sure that the forum members are hoping that you didn't order a replacement scope of the same type, and quality, of the one that failed you--but judging from the tone of your question the jury might still be out on this. Let us know how it turned out--the .270 is truly a "do all" round.

Basic Member

Re: Bushnell scope

The scopes on the package rifles cost Savage about $20....including the rings and bases. You didn't lose anything but a headache.
    "As long as there's lead in the air....there's still hope.."