After getting my Manners T2 & CDI DBM installed, I want to make my 10FP and CBI barrel a flat black color.

There's a local gunsmith who does firearm finishes and would charge me $100 to professionally Duracoat everything...but I'm thinking of trying a coat of Krylon Ultra Flat Black first to see how it looks. I figure if its bad I'll go ahead and do the Duracoat, if its good I'll shoot a coat of matte clear on it and use it for a while to see how it wears.

What I'm curious about is the details of painting a barreled action; I could just attack the thing but I want to do it "right". I understand for best results I need to prep the all metal via sandpaper or blasting, then make sure everything is cleaned & degreased.

Should I disassemble the Accutrigger & safety before painting, or just tape over them?

Should I remove the bolt from the rifle when I paint the barreled action, tape over the bolt in the rifle adn paint everything, or just shoot everything the same?

I plan on sticking an earplug into the barrel...should I be concerned about paint on the crown?

Thanks for the insight!