guess i will share this. my last new remmy was in 2003. it is model 7 in 243. highly accurate better than me. in 2005 i wanted a bigger caliber either with a dbm or hinged floor plate. have a good adl too so with the last 2 being hitters i went remmy again. boy was i shocked stiff bolts and horriable triggers nasy.y finishes all for about 700.00. now maybe all the remmys at gander were just bad but for 700.00 i shouldnt have to trigger work and bolt work even back in 2005. asked the gander people about the classic they new nothing. went to a small shop they got me one for 585.00 it was as advertised best looking savage ever!! better trigger and bolt opreation. biggest down fall was the wood but for the savings i will live with it seems like if u dont reload to get best results with a savage it is either federal or hornaday. never tried the federal in the 06 but the 110 270 loves it.after buying the classic i bought 2 more savages. i aso joined this forum. remember dads buddy having a old savage very ugly but it was a great shooter even dad a diehard remmy guy admitted that. they have come along way. as for me no more remmys unless it is a older one.