Thread: ejector problem

Basic Member

ejector problem

I wanted to remove the ejector on a Stevens 200 and when I pushed out the pin the ejector went back up into the bolt baffle and wouldn't come out. Is this normal? I took the bolt apart and couldn't see any way to retrieve it. What am I missing?
    VLP 22-250<br />VLP 243<br />Stevens 25-06<br />Stevens 308, now a 6Norma BR with Criterion bull and Bobby Hart LRT<br />Savage Model 10 243<br />93R 17HMR<br />an old Savage model 5 22 tube feed bolt action<br /><br />And they all shoot great.<br />Also several off-brand stuff

stangfish

Re: ejector problem

Are you sure that it and the spring didn't fly out and get lost?

Basic Member

Pretty sure as my bench was fairly clean. I can still feel the spring compress when drift punch is inserted.
    VLP 22-250<br />VLP 243<br />Stevens 25-06<br />Stevens 308, now a 6Norma BR with Criterion bull and Bobby Hart LRT<br />Savage Model 10 243<br />93R 17HMR<br />an old Savage model 5 22 tube feed bolt action<br /><br />And they all shoot great.<br />Also several off-brand stuff

Basic Member

I just about always have to dig that spring out, but not the ejector pin.

Basic Member

I just went downstairs and checked my bench and surrounding area again..........no ejector. Weird.

Joe O

If the ejector is under spring tension,when the retaining pin is removed,it can't go in.Almost imposible to find,when they launch.Take a tapered tooth pic,insert in the sring,and draw it out,or a pic with small hook will work better.

Basic Member

i agree with above it launched somewhere(i know it happened to me shot it across the room off the door into the hallway) if you find it use a gallon bag to take them apart .

Basic Member

Well, I fished out the spring and the ejector had indeed left for parts unknown. On the bright side, the gunroom has been cleaned spotless.

gotcha

tnslim, F.Y.I. if you've got a 200 LA there are two sizes of replacement spring available from Savage. Using the search feature, type in: "300wtf ejection problem". Chk out the pic there for freds mod to ejector pin. Might be something you'd want to do ? I bought both spring lengths when I did my 200LA & ended up using the smaller (shorter) spring. But, mine's set up as Single shot & I wanted the case to just barely clear the eject port rather than launch to next county :D Don't feel bad, I launched my ejector when I removed it.............. It's still in the garage............. somewhere ;D Dale

stangfish

Quote Originally Posted by Tnslim
    Well, I fished out the spring and the ejector had indeed left for parts unknown. On the bright side, the gunroom has been cleaned spotless.
    I work on a lot of mechaical stuff. I can definately relate to the clean room.

Basic Member

Dale, thanks for the info. This one is a bench gun and I shoot lefty and I didn't want Lapua brass flying around so now I just reach in and pick 'em out. Pretty handy.