Hi guys, New to the forum, nice to be here.
Just a couple of questions, I just took delivery of my new BA 110 in 300 Win Mag, Love the look and feel of the gun and when it fires, ssooooo cool.

Problem is, I put a Millet 6-25 X 56 scope on and took the gun to the old mans who has been shooting for 60 years and in my view, would be one of the best riflemen in the country (New Zealand) He shoots in Africa twice a year and impresses the guys he shoots with so much, was asked to shoot a wounded cape buffalo on the last trip.

He has his CZ 270 and 300 Win Mag shooting into 1/4 inch at 100M and 1,1/4 at 300 and a 458 Lott to 1" @ 100. Not bad for light sporting rifles with factory barrels.

We shot the BA in at 50, was ok but a couple sprayed.
Then tried 100 with some factory federal 180 grain ammo. It shot 3" group
We then pulled the bullets and reloaded the Federal with 80 Grains of AR 2217SC and a Magnum primer, shot 3" inch group
Put a couple of dads hand load 165 grain game kings down and they shot a bit better
Then we loaded once fired brass with 2217CS, Magnum primer and 180 Grain Game King, Shot 3" group

At this point the old man, who loves his sporting rifles, hand builds them nice and light, slim and elegant with beautiful woodwork Said "take the dam heavy ugly thing home and use it for reinforcing steel in the foundations of your shed you are building"

Hmmm, Not sure where to go from here, We will try a new scope this week, but my experience is that the problem is rarely the scope.
Barrel has been cleaned properly after every 10 shots, Very little copper, probably due to the VERY light smear or Kroil prior to firing the first shot each time its cleaned

Can any of you good folk offer any advice, I want this thing shooting to 1/4" at 100 and 1" at 300 at least.
We are starting to wonder about the Barrel

Regards
Jason

Regards
Jason