Thread: Bobby Hart LRT fit dilemma

Fuzzyudders

Bobby Hart LRT fit dilemma

Hi there,
    I am having an issue fitting a Hart LRT stock from Stocky's to a Savage 10FP, and could use a little insight. For the most part, the stock is a drop in fit. I cleaned up the inletting just a bit so that the rear pillar would fit flush in the trigger guard recess. Fitting the triggerguard itself proved to be a little more difficult.

This is my triggerguard, the raised area in the front will not allow the guard to fit into the inlet flush with the stock.

This configuration results in the rear action screw being about .2 or so too short.

From the LRT page on Stocky's website:

Before I realized that the above said LRV, I went ahead and ordered a mod 12 triggerguard from the savage parts department. I received part #105417, which looks good on the depth, but not so much on the length.

I was hoping that someone with prior experience with these stocks might provide me with the correct part number for a triggerguard. I've entertained the thought of getting a longer rear action screw from Brownell's, but I'd really rather buy the correct part, and have everything fit nicely. If you could point me in the right direction, I would really appreciate it. That being said, this stock is absolutely gorgeous. It's the Granite Grey color, but contains much more blonde than I anticipated, with some red streaks here and there, that make it look really sharp. Please pardon the awful pictures.

Basic Member

Re: Bobby Hart LRT fit dilemma

I'm just now finishing up on a Bobby Hart LRT build. I used Midway # 344648/Savage # 105928 and it fit very well. This is a stainless guard.
    VLP 22-250<br />VLP 243<br />Stevens 25-06<br />Stevens 308, now a 6Norma BR with Criterion bull and Bobby Hart LRT<br />Savage Model 10 243<br />93R 17HMR<br />an old Savage model 5 22 tube feed bolt action<br /><br />And they all shoot great.<br />Also several off-brand stuff

Basic Member

The trigger guards listed on Midway for a model 10 worked on mine
    Jim Biggs of Northland Shooter Supply has them and he is one of our sponsers here and a great guy to deal with
    He might be able to send you some longer screws also
    I have made longer screws from socket head cap screws purchased at a harware store
    1/4" x 28 threads 1 1/2" long were good for my Bobby Hart stock ( with a little trimming on the length)

Fuzzyudders

Thank you very much for the replies, I'll get a hold of Jim at NSS