Our Missouri firearms season opened Saturday 11/14, I just got my .270/08AI together and wanted to try it out on a whitetail . Saturday morning I passed a small buck and didn't see anything else the rest of the day. Sunday morning I didn't see anything, my hunting partners were not hunting the afternoon so I decided to try a new spot that I scouted last week. I was looking for a big buck or a nice doe for the freezer. About 4:45 pm this old gal appeared and started feeding. It took her a few minutes to get into a position where I had a good shot, I took the first shot at about 50 yards and she took off at a lope. I could see the bullet hole centered in the ribs so I didn't shoot again. She ran about 60 yards and went down in a patch of brush. I was amazed to see her get back up and start heading for a huge patch of head high brush. When she gave me another opening I gave her another one at about 120 yards,that put her down for good.

A postmortem revealed that the 2nd. shot, which hit about an inch above the first was not needed as the first had completely destroyed the lungs.

I got all the parts for this rifle off the classifieds here except the action, 25" Douglas stainless sporter contour barrel in .270/08 AI on a newer M10 Accu-Trigger action in a Stevens stock. I am very happy with this rifle and after deer season is over I'm going to bed it into a JRS classic from Boyds and add a Rifle Basix SAV-2 trigger. I have a bunch of people here to thank for helping this build come together so THANK YOU ALL!

Bob