I realize how old this thread is, but since this is still the thread that pops up if one asks Google, I figure it may help somebody somewhere, so here's my 2 cents...

My new BTVS failed to extract a couple of CCI Stingers the first time out, but everything else extracted just fine. The problem grew worse over the next couple of range trips; it started to fte on Mini Mags too, and Stingers got so bad that I gave the rest of my box to the guy in the next lane.

So I hailed Lord Google and stumbled into this thread. Looking over the possible solutions, the 'pinching the spring clip on the bolt' method looked easiest, so I did that. Since I had the extractor claws out anyway, I took a look and sure enough, the pointy one was a little rough/flashy on the inside of the long arm. Three or four swipes with my fish hook stone and it looked great. And since the bolt was out, I did a little polishing on that too, as per some other threads.

Went to the range yesterday. Bolt is slick, extractor works better than the bouncer at my favorite bar, and all is right with the world.