Thread: First McMillan

hcpyro13

First McMillan

Well I've been shopping for a new stock that'll fit my 260ai a little better... after all the circles I've ran in I ended up finding an A5 on McMillan's specials page. Now the anxious waiting sets in! Anybody out there have any recomendations for mags for a CDI dbm?

-Jake

hcpyro13

Re: First McMillan

Anybody have any experience with the alpha industries AICS mags in a savage?

-Jake

Quote Originally Posted by hcpyro13
    Anybody have any experience with the alpha industries AICS mags in a savage?

-Jake
    I asked the same question on SnipersHide a couple months ago, and universally folks said the Alpha Type 2 was good to go for a Savage/CDI combo.

hcpyro13

Thanks, it looks like I'll be putting an order in next week for a type 2. Been wanting the new stock for some time, the CDI setup was a bonus. Can't wait to try it all out!

Varget 7-08

Another vote for Alpha mags

mgn

I have tried Alpha mags a couple of times in my 110 in a McMillan Adjustable A5 with CDI bottom metal and have had issues with them fitting and/or feeding correctly. With this setup I have had no issues with the AI 5 or 10 round mags.

Is this the same web site for the Alpha Mags as i have this site http://www.accurate-mag.com/Home_Page.html

Quote Originally Posted by Balljoint
    Is this the same web site for the Alpha Mags as i have this site http://www.accurate-mag.com/Home_Page.html
    Accurate-Mag is different than Alpha Mags.

http://www.alphaindmfg.com

hcpyro13

Well my stock finally arrived, but my CDI DBM was not in the box. Figures it would have to be the holiday season... This is what I get for working in 3 states other than the one I had had my stock shipped to 50+ hours a week. I will be hoping that McMillan's holiday structure is like mine and they will be working tomorrow when I call!

-Jake

Quote Originally Posted by hcpyro13
    Well my stock finally arrived, but my CDI DBM was not in the box. Figures it would have to be the holiday season... This is what I get for working in 3 states other than the one I had had my stock shipped to 50+ hours a week. I will be hoping that McMillan's holiday structure is like mine and they will be working tomorrow when I call!

-Jake
    I don't think McMillan provides CDI DBMs with their stocks...they just inlet for them.

hcpyro13

I have to see when they are in the office, when I called I was told the stock had the bottom metal with it. Still traveling for a couple weeks so I have time to figure it out before I even get a chance to play with it.

-Jake