Squirrel -- I appreciate your response. Not to be too awfully concerned about the word bulge when I mention it here. I'm not saying it's very noticeable but, prominent enough to see & feel when you run your finger across it. My only concern, if you want to even call it that, was the bullet length, boat tail notwithstanding, did not extend into the neck for the complete length of the neck. It's about 3/4ths of the neck length. Point in fact, it shoots great. I have no complaints on the accuracy or consistancy. My original thought / question was concerning the effect this would have on accuracy if a bullet is seated full depth into the neck or where I have been seating mine, about 3/4ths into the neck.
I suppose it's one of those things where if it ain't broke, don't screw with it.
As I said in an earlier post, my shooting is purely recreational.... great personal pleasure while shooting a few hunderd yards and hit what I'm aiming at, repeatedly.
I seem to recall reading or hearing from the 1000 yard guys, bullets seated full depth was critical to accuracy. Or, maybe the guy I heard it from was just needeing something to complain about & that was all he could come up with??
I don't know. I'm not worried about it. As I said, it shoots great. I suppose the reason I even brought it up was it was the first time using Nosler Custom Comps. I'm on my fourth batch out of the same box & just started getting the results I'm looking for. I'm comfirmed hard core Nosler Ballistic tip kinda guy.
Stay Well...