Thread: No Joke: New Ammo from Hornady (...or, "What will they think of next?")

thomae

No Joke: New Ammo from Hornady (...or, "What will they think of next?")

::)

This is actually available in .223, 7.62x39, 30-30, and .308.

Disclaimer from the Hornady Web Site:

Disclaimer: Hornady® Zombie Max™ ammunition is NOT a toy (IT IS LIVE AMMUNITION), but is intended only to be used on…ZOMBIES, also known as the living dead, undead, etc. No human being, plant, animal, vegetable or mineral should ever be shot with Hornady® Zombie Max™ ammunition. Again, we repeat, Hornady® Zombie Max™ ammunition is for use on ZOMBIES ONLY, and that's not a nickname, phrase or cute way of referring to anybody, place or thing. When we say Zombies, we mean…ZOMBIES!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=bQWb-5nblx4

nuclabuyer

Re: No Joke: New Ammo from Hornady (...or, "What will they think of next?")

WTF

Basic Member

It looks like Hornady took their critical defense ammo, and loaded it into plain brass instead of nickle plated cases.
    Whenever the legislators endeavor to take away and destroy the property of the people, or to reduce them to slavery under arbitrary power, they put themselves into a state of war with the people, who are thereupon absolved from any further obedience

Basic Member

sorry i had to laugh when i watched it

Basic Member

what I saw was the guy having to shoot the zombie multiple times before he killed it. ;D

va243hntr

It's also in 9mm and I think 40 I might buy a box and put it up just for the heck of it .

I saw a listing for this crap a couple weeks ago, laughed so hard I thought I'd throw up.

What is the thought behind this?? Or was there any?
    204, 22 K-Hornet, 222, 223, 22-250, 22-250AI, 6BR, 243, 243AI, 6-06, 6-WSM, 250-3000AI, 270, 7-08, 7RM, 30BR, 308, 30-06, 375 H&H, 444 Marlin, 450BM, 458WM

Basic Member

Quote Originally Posted by bootsmcguire
    I saw a listing for this crap a couple weeks ago, laughed so hard I thought I'd throw up.

What is the thought behind this?? Or was there any?
    Merchandizing, merchandizing, merchandizing. 8)
    Whenever the legislators endeavor to take away and destroy the property of the people, or to reduce them to slavery under arbitrary power, they put themselves into a state of war with the people, who are thereupon absolved from any further obedience

romulus

Tactical guys used to romanticize taking out mobs of insurgents, tyrants, etc. to save our or some others' freedom but that is not politically correct anymore, so those poor tacticool fools have to pretend they are in a zombie video game.

We've gone from Green Beret to Raspberry Beret lol

Basic Member

im wondering if that ammo will shoot in a gun that has a wood stock and no picatinny rails?

Basic Member

Quote Originally Posted by coonhunter70
    What would old man Hornady think about this dumb a_s s_it?
    If it brings customers through the doors....

Now I do happen to have a box of Hornady 308 win that I think was made in 1972, box is printed in an old west style, so I don't think the founder would have had a problem.

82boy

I will say from my experince with Hornady, they are a company that trys to keep a sence of humor around. (Give them a call and listen to the entire opening phone message, and tell me different.) I am shure that when they developed this they was laughing just as hard, if not harder than we all did when seeing this. Right now the fad is Zombie this and that, I think they just wanted to poke fun at it, and make a few bucks on the fad.

jeffman3

This is funnier then hell! ;D Hornady has a full on merchandising genius on staff!

Am I concerned about a a Zombie apocalypse?

NO!

Is this just a genius way to sell ammo?

Yes!!!!!!!!!!!

I may buy a box just to keep as a pass down to my kids! That is all the way against the wall funny!!!!!!! ;D ;D

I knew there was a reason I always go back to Hornady, NowI know why!!!!!!!!!!!! :P :P ;D :D

82Boy is correct, give Hornady a call and listen to the recording. Although the idea for the ammo came from outside of Hornady.
    More shooting, less typing.

Basic Member

gotta admit...that is pretty funny!

Basic Member
    Here are my thoughts on Hornady "ZOMBIE" ammo:
    Call me crazy if you want, but I think this is disgusting. I never would have expected Hornady to sell bullets in a box that looks like it came straight out of a comic book. Is this meant to appeal to ten year olds?
    As it is, we have so many shootings and accidents caused by kids playing with guns, so many troubled and even disturbed kids in our world,so many sensless shootings,, now Hornady is going to market with "ZOMBIE" bullets.
    The people who want to get rid of guns are going to have a field day with this one,, "Zombie Bullets" The bullets that your kids will love
    From the back of the box:"They will try to distract you by waving their arms all over" "STAY FOCUSED" "HEAD: this is the only part that`s worth aiming for"
    What`s next? "special semi-auto .223 green Zombie gun"
    Grow Up Hornady, A gun is a tool for hunting, a weapon for self defense. a source of entertainment at the shooting range for "RESPONSIBLE ADULTS"
    What responsible adults need to buy ammo in bubble gum boxes?
    Again Grow Up.
    All the gun controll advocates should thank Hornady for such "GREAT AMMUNITION"
    Disgusted Mature Gun Owner

Kokopelli
    Someone already makes the special Zombie AR.. The "under 35 crowd" like that sort of stuff.. Not so much me.. LOL.. Ron

How does zombie branding differ from, let's say, giant bone collector stickers on the back of pick-up trucks?

Quote Originally Posted by gerard488 View Post
    Call me crazy if you want, but I think this is disgusting. I never would have expected Hornady to sell bullets in a box that looks like it came straight out of a comic book. Is this meant to appeal to ten year olds?
    As it is, we have so many shootings and accidents caused by kids playing with guns, so many troubled and even disturbed kids in our world,so many sensless shootings,, now Hornady is going to market with "ZOMBIE" bullets.
    The people who want to get rid of guns are going to have a field day with this one,, "Zombie Bullets" The bullets that your kids will love
    From the back of the box:"They will try to distract you by waving their arms all over" "STAY FOCUSED" "HEAD: this is the only part that`s worth aiming for"
    Grow Up Hornady, A gun is a tool for hunting, a weapon for self defense. a source of entertainment at the shooting range for "RESPONSIBLE ADULTS"
    Again Grow Up.
    I agree, with all the twisted not so right in the head people these days, Hornady should be held responsible when 15 year old Johnny gets high on some prescription medicine and thinks his neighbors are Zombie's,,, I can see where this is going. I don't think it is funny because Zombie's are portrayed as human beings.

Look........for those of you that don't know.

All this talk about Zombies and stuff was originally used as "code talk" on certain forums for Government collapse and anarchy scenarios by certain types of people that were/are preparing for it.

It has taken on a life it's own since then........like many other things do.

Now as for Hornady being responsible for 15 year old little Johnny killing people..........WHERE THE HELL IS HIS PARENTS AND WHY AREN'T THEY RESPONSIBLE FOR THEIR OWN SON?!?!?!?

It's not Hornady's job to raise "little Johnny"!

Take responsibility for yourselves and your families and stop blaming everyone else for your OWN problems.

YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN ACTIONS..........NO ONE ELSE!!! Not Hornady...... Not AR15's....... Not semiauto "assault rifles"....... not violent games...... not Hollywood........YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOURSELF AND THOSE YOU HAVE AUTHORITY OVER!!!

Basic Member
    Well said Apache
    It was gonna be hard telling my grankids they can't shoot anymore because there not "responsible adults" .

Right f%^kin-on Apache. + 1

Opus Dei
    Quote Originally Posted by gerard488 View Post
    Again Grow Up.
    LOL; the last post in this thread prior to yours was ~14 months ago. You resurrected a dead thread to rant about zombie ammo!

Stop demonizing novelty arms/ammo. They brought others to the shooting sports, be it pink grips, zombies, Hello Kitty, hydrodipped Punisher stocks or FDE-cerakoted "operator" arms. They are no different than more mainstream offerings in that you need to exercise the same care. And beware; when you complain about the appearance of these novelty items, you play into the hands of anti-gun groups. You will one day have to defend ownership of those essentially identical mainstream items. Kids might be attracted by such stuff, but adults are supposed to teach and maintain control of them.

You ask what responsible adults need to buy ammo in "bubble gum" boxes? Well, this is a straw man argument. Responsibility has nothing to do with ones' tastes but everything to do with ones' maturity. It is clearly your disdain of such stuff that compels you to link it to irresponsibility. Could you cite proof that there is in fact a correlation between novelty arms/ammo and misuse? None of these noteworthy murders seems to have been undertaken with such stuff. Nor am I aware of kids shooting each other with them thinking they're toys.

Please; reconsider your prejudices. We need to have a united front on 2A issues. Divisive stuff like "Why do you need an AR to hunt with?" or "Why do you need more that 'X' rounds in a magazine?" are proof of how ownership is being divided to conquer.

acemisser
    Maybe this is what that guy thought he was seeing in those little kids.Maybe
    he thought they were the so called zombies..You never know whats in the mind
    of some of these people..
    The media makes too **** much out of the bad and not enough of the good.
    How about the lady in Georgia that protected his family with a gun....I praise
    her actions..But the meadia will make it a dirty rotten thing..I say screw the media.