Thread: Accu-Triggers How many different types Need Help!!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Basic Member

Accutrigger mod

Quote Originally Posted by k80skeet View Post
    After a little thinking I decided to see if I could fix the sear my self. First I cleaned off all the lube installed bu Savage with swabs and carberator cleaner then put a small dap of valve grinding compound on sear and notch that it sits in and proceeded working trigger firing it about 150 times. Then I cleaned of all the valve grinding compound and re lubed the sear and notch. I was making great progress know the trigger broke at a clean 15ozs I repeated the process a second time. Go easy and check offen after first applacation!!! This time I might have gone a little too far trigger wouldn't cock at all with accu-trigger active. After screwing in spring 1 turn it was at 8ozs with accu-trigger disangauged. It was possible to adjust it lower but bolt had to be closed very easy or firing pin would drop when bolt was closed so 8ozs -9ozs is about as low as it can be set still with accu-trigger disengauged. This will work fine off the bench and then you can adjust the trigger up 2 to 3 pounds and engauge the accu-trigger for hunting. I don't think it is as good as the factory target 6oz trigger but close and a easy fix for bench work only!!!! I was very happy with the results. I do not take any responability for this information you do it at your own risk.
    Just did this mod to my Accutrigger for BENCH REST SHOOTING ONLY and really like the results. the trigger is a little touchy and will occasional let the sear fall up against the sear safety but the very light pull and break is awesome. I pulled the trigger one cycle of 100 pulls and felt that was enough. i then had to increase pressure on the spring for reliable function

i know this is an old thread, but i was just wondering if anyone who has done this mod has seen any long term affects on the trigger function or useable service life.

Basic Member
    an update on this mod. i finally got hold of a Lyman trigger pull gauge and i have managed to get this 10 FCP-SR Accutrigger down to about 10 ozs of pull weight