Thread: How do I reach Jim at NSS # busy for days

pdkillr

How do I reach Jim at NSS # busy for days

Tried calling several times last few days # busy. Sent an email to call me no reply yet. Am wanting to get barrels ordered before price increases on Criterions. Any help appreciated.
    Thanks

northlander

Re: How do I reach Jim at NSS # busy for days

PDkillr,
    Tuesday and Wednesday were nuts with calls. Today, Thursday is much better. I believe we spoke this afternoon.

Jim Briggs
    NSS

Basic Member

I'll take some of the blame for yesterday ;D I also was trying to beat the price increase!! Hope you got ahold of him!!
    Silence is golden.... duct tape is silver!!

pdkillr

Yes he did contact me will be ordering tomorrow.
    Thanks

Basic Member

I sent a couple emails with my needs and looking for a price quote. No answer yet.

Basic Member

Call him!! He is a great guy to talk to and he will be the first to tell you he doesn't check/respond to emails very quickly. Give him a call!!
    Silence is golden.... duct tape is silver!!

larrys1911

Quote Originally Posted by jglover_81
    Call him!! He is a great guy to talk to and he will be the first to tell you he doesn't check/respond to emails very quickly. Give him a call!!
    OH thats where I went wrong.....was trying to buy a barrel last month 4 emails spanning three weeks ..... Still havent heard back.
    Next time ill pick up the phone, but email is so much easier for me.

Larry

jdhord

I sent a FAX w/order details and that worked pretty well... that way he could call me back at his convenience. Now I just gotta wait patiently until my 8-twist .223 wylde gets here! :'(

davemuzz

;D ;D ;DCome on Jim!!!......Read your email or your PM buddy!!!.....there's a request in there (yeah.....from me!!!) to buy one of your in stock barrels!!.......Easy Cash!!! ;D ;D :D

But...if I don't hear from you.....I'll call. I got this $$$ that's just burning a hole in my pocket!!!

davemuzz

Well......I found out it's just a whole bunch easier to call the guy and order what you want right there on the phone. My "new" Shilen 1-8 twist 6.5x55 Swede Varmit contour barrel is on it's way. ;D

I currently have a 6.5x55 in a 1-9 twist Shilen on my Savage action. I was considering selling it.....but after my Pronghorn hunting trip, I decided to keep it. This barrel shoots a 140gr. Berger VLD bullet at 2800fps with just a tad over the recommended load of RL-22 and with no pressure signs. Now, I would not recommend anyone else to try this UNLESS they work up this load very carefully with their gun.

I think with this 1-8 barrel twist it will be a whole new ballgame when I try some 140 Berger's and RL-22. I could be wrong, but I just think with the faster twist....I'm going to have a bit more barrel pressure to deal with, so my powder charges will need to be backed down some and maximum loads for the 1-8 twist will be less than the 1-9 twist. But, I'll see.

Dave