Somne of the post about a 460 S&W has really got me thinking. There is a big push that looks pretty good for Ohio allowing any cartridge allowed in handguns currently, to be used in rifles next year for deer season. I have been researching and researching to try and find the perfect round to build. The current handgun regs are anything .357 diameter or larger, and a straight walled case. Basically, the 357, 44, 444, 45/70, 460 S&W, etc.

I am looking to build something, as a repeater bolt action, that meets this criteria. I live in the southern part of the state and shots out to 300 yards are possible. I am looking for something that offers pretty high velocity and flat range. This is for deer only, so I don't think the likes of 458 would be necessary. I was wondering if anyone knew of any wildcats or anything else that would work as a repeater that is straight walled and shoots pretty flat. I don't really want to go with the Ruger 44 and 357 bolt guns. Any ideas or help would be appreciated. The 50 B&M Super short looks like it would fit this criteria. I would like to do a 460 S&W for the velocity, etc. but it doesn't seem like it could work as a reliable bolt action.