I have been looking on all the sites that I normally frequent for a 20 MOA EGW base for My Savage 111 Flat Back. The only thing I can find is made from aluminium and is at MidwayUSA.

Is this correct? I swear that I saw a steel EGW 20MOA base for a Flat Back Savage at one time. If I am mistaken, please let me know. When I mount this scope base, I need to make it a permanent affair. I have already stripped the action and had to drill and tap my mounting screws to 8-40. I cannot "experiment" anymore. I need to know the best 20plus MOA mount. Preferably steel if they are made. Of course picatinny. I am open to those with more experience than me. If a two piece is the way to go, I am not closed to the idea. I would like to shoot 700 yds plus. I shoot a 6.5 Swede on a Modern Action obviously.

I have heard all the stuff about older flat back Savage actions being drilled out of square. This is possible of course and that is why I go with Burris Sig Zee rings. Even in 30mm there is some play. BUT if 1" is the only way to have the inserts I will adjust my scope purchase in that direction.

\
Any advice is appreciated and will be considered. Thank You all for your time and expertise! I look forward to reading the resp0onses.

L.H. Clark