Thread: switch barrel with qd rings?

Basic Member

switch barrel with qd rings?

posted this in the optics section but think its in the wrong section.
    for now until i get the rest of the parts for my 110 i'm making my tigershark a switch barrel .got the idea of using some quick detachable ring on my egw 20moa base so i would not have to keep resetting up my scope every time i changed barrels(barrel nut wrench cant get past scope objective).
    anyone have any luck with doing this maybe some leupold qd rings?

romulus

Re: switch barrel with qd rings?

I've used LaRue tactical, Nightforce rings, and a NF unimount. From my testing and jacking with friends' gear anything that can be torqued with a torque tool to accurate pressure can work fine. The LaRue would get all of my guns within 1.3 inches of the "zero". The NF rings work well and have captured nuts which is nice. I feel the unimounts are better. I take my scopes off my rifles every time I shoot or clean or switch guns and I usually hit a 3/4 inch bull center after changing. Can you do this with other gear? Yes, but it has to be high quality stuff if you want real results. You need to know it is locked down the same every time.

Also, the LaRue began to get eaten by my NF rails so I ditched it. The material was too soft and another component in the design was a tensioner on the throw levers. I won't buy a QD attachment with any kind tuning device. Too many variables.

Hope you find what you need and hope it works well.

romulus

Of course you will need to keep accurate coordinates of your scope turrets and mount position for each barrel/ gun/ load etc. Forgot to mention that. Some people I have showed my system to think you can just put the scope on anything and it will shoot "dead on" as people like to say.

Basic Member

my thinking is to zero the scope turrets to one barrel then write down the zero for the other .thaks for the input