Well, I finally got all my reloading gear together, did lots of reading, and sat down and made up a few rounds. Today I fired them at the range, and I'm pretty happy with the results. I'm using 52 grain SMK, 25.6 grains of Varget, and Federal GM205M primers. I haven't yet measured the chamber of my rifle, so I'm just seating to the OAL listed in the manual. (2.25") I did 4 10 shot groups at 100 yards ... the best one measures 0.87" and the worst measures 1.27". And the wind was pretty gusty. I think that's not too bad for a first try without any fine tuning at all, using the recommended starting load. (Using the Lyman manual.)

Then, a competition shooter at the range suggested I try Nosler ballistic tip bullets. He gave me 6 of his rounds to try, and I put them all in a .45" group. I think I'll try those bullets .... :)

Here are the groups ... the first four are my first handloads, and the last is the group using the Nosler BTs:

http://www.metacraft.com/shooting/first-handloads.html

Anyway, I really enjoyed learning about reloading and putting together this first batch. I'm hooked! Thanks for all the replies here.