Hello everyone

I am new to the forum but I have been on the Ruger forum for a while. Just to get it out of the way and so I can start my relation ship off with all of you on the right foot I must tell you Rugers are my love. I have a bunch of them and when I go out they are what I look for but I do have other firearms as well which lead me here. I recnetly purchased a model 99 in 308 from a guy I work with for a mere $250. It is short like a carbine and has chekered wood stocks on it with a weaver scope. It is in nice shape wood and blue and my original reason for buying it was trade bait or resale but then I got to thinking I might like to deer hunt with it so it is still in the safe. My questions are how do you determine model and year of production on these? I think it is a 70's model but not 100% sure. I will try and get some pics up soon because I know that always helps also when I get the pics up if someone could give me a guess at value it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for all the help and I look forward to visiting often.

Mike