If you've been reloading for any length of time then I'm pretty sure you've gotten a case stuck in a sizing die at one point or another. I'm also pretty sure that most of use have seen or used RCBS's stuck case remover, which works really well, most of the time...

I recently got a .220 swift case stuck in a new RCBS FL sizer die. I tried to get it out with the RCBS stuck case kit, but it was so stuck that the draw bolt pulled out the threads in the back of the case. Typically, at this point I would have gotten out the angle grinder and taken my frustration out on the die, instead I just walked away. My maintenance guys at work suggested that I go to the next size higher tap, coat the base of the die and case with sodering flux, and apply a smidgen of heat (just enough to get the flux flowing). Well I did as suggested and the case came out very easily. The last time I had a stuck case, 10 years ago, I ended up buying a new die because I couldn't get it out so this gives me hope that if in the future I can't get one unstuck, I have an easy solution.

I thought I would share this in the event someone else has a similar situation.

Joe