After reading multiple times over the last several years about these scopes, I finally bought one. I have NOT mounted and shot a rifle with this scope yet. Late last night, I did check how the light gathering and clarity performed in low light conditions. To say I am impressed....well, that is an understatement. There is also a $20 mail in rebate on top of the sale price. I would not hesitate on buying a couple more.

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct...tnumber=746570

These are the minimum rules on any optics (use the manufacturers website for exact info):

1 - MUST SAY "fully multicoated lenses" If those words are not stated, move on to another brand.

2 - Eye relief - more is better. On variable scopes, the higher quality the lenses are, the longer eye relief will be.

3 - Warranty - in my opinion, if a lifetime warranty is not provided, move on.

4 - Reticles - etched glass reticles are the best....period. Only high end scopes have these.

The rest of the possible options - side focus (more moving parts internal to the scope, but nice to have), target turrets, etc, etc.

My dream scope:

Fully multicoated lenses
etched glass reticle of the tactical milling, varmint hunter (both Leupold) or NPR2 (Nightforce) (all in MOA = inches - NOT MIL)
fast adjust rear eyepiece (this is not scope focus - this is adjusting each scope to YOUR eyesight)
front adjustable objective or side focus - I am on the fence on this one
Target turrets, 1/4" moa adjustment
100 MOA verticle adjustment and 50 MOA horizontal

....and a price around $300-350