Thread: edge

hd5

edge

I bought a Edge at Walmart last night, $267.00 it was still an Edge mfg. Feb 2011. Found a surprisingly knowledgeable salesman at the gun counter.

I tried to buy one from two different local gun shops, they don't want to carry them. Cheapest thing they had is around $500.00. I would have paid $20 or $30 more to have bought it from them though.
    Anyway, I bought this just to carry in my truck when I feed the cows every day. Coyotes and groundhogs.

I have a brand new Zeiss Conquest 3x9x40. I am having second thoughts about putting it on a "bang around the truck" rifle. But I want a scope that will absolutely not loose zero.

I guess it will fit the bases on the edge, I am at work and can't check right now.

sayak

Re: edge

Your scope very well may not fit. You may have to buy a picatinny type rail to mount one.

hd5

Sayak you were right.
    I just ordered a rail from Joeboboutfitters. They are backordered until wednesday. must be a poplular item.

sayak

I ordered direct from these folks:http://www.egwguns.com/savage/savage...roducts_id=495

502pf9

There is another way. If you look at my thread you can see my mount it is a weaver offset quadlock mount. It works great looks standard and they are only a little more than regular rings.