I put together a 260 using a Savage long action. It shoots well, but somehow I always think it can do better. I'm shooting about .75 MOA at 100 yds. I'm thinking it should be a lot better since I hand load an tune the loads for the rifle. My other rigs, 308 and 223, all shoot well within .5 moa. I was thinking that maybe the donor action was out of true, since it was a pawn shop beater rifle in 300 Win Mag when originally purchased. I'm thinking SSS for the timing and truing - $125 seems reasonable, but I don't know if it's worth it or not. The other concern I have is SSS itself. I had a "tough" experience with them last year waiting for my stock and some other components, maybe they were backed up, maybe it's the normal order of business, but I'm willing to give them a second shot if the opinions say they've gotten better. I do know the stock and components I received were fantastic as far as workmanship goes - absolutely perfect in all respects. So the questions are 1) is timing and truing worth it on a Savage LA 2) has SSS improved in the customer support area 3) if not SSS - then who?

Thanks all.....