Guys - I think I may have a problem...

I just put together a Stevens 200 with a take-off Savage heavy barrel that I had around. I used a new barrel nut and a new heavy stainless recoil lug (Stockade). I put a Farrell 20 moa tapered base on it and tried to bore sight it. Here is where the problem is: I don't have enough windage in the scope to get it even close to where the bore sighter says it should be. This same scope and rind combo has worked fine on other rifles without major adjustment. The scope was looking high as well - definitely not right for the 20 moa taper.

So, I'm trying to decide if the problem is in the base or in the receiver. I hope it's the base.

When mounting the base, no matter whether I attached the front or rear screws first, the other end was up about 0.030" or so from the receiver. I've never had a rifle or base do this, it's always one way or the other, but not both. When I put a straight edge on the top of the receiver (round rear receiver by the way) it seems that both front and rear are in the same plane.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

emfour