I sent 2 dummy rounds, a letter pointing out that I wanted the bbl chambered to that length, called to verify and it still got missed and was even on the receipt- chamber to 2 dummmy rounds provided. I am thinking that is the exception vs what is standard operating practice there, but none the less, I borowed gages from a guy in PA (Im in NC) got the bbl on and headspaced, sent the gages back w/ some money to cover the shipping, etc. then when I was using my stony point gage so begin load development a month later, discovered that I had a very on spec 100% SAMMI chamber, including length, which put the long VLD tips down in my powder space.
Mr Hull called me offered to have me ship my rifle, after I took my loctited on scope base/ rings/ scope off, etc. and they would fix it, but I declined due to the potential for other issues. I appreciated the effort and will buy another Shilen bbl., but it didn't come out the way I wanted it to. so their chambers in my experience are right on to SAMMI Specs