I am hoping I can talk one of you guys into weighing your stock for me. :chin:

Tomorrow I am ordering a Savage Model 12 LRP in 6.5 Creedmore and I am a little worried about the weight. They list it as 11 pounds. I need to get this down to 10lbs 2oz with scope and rings(NRA rules). I already have an HS Precision lightweight stock to put it in, and I will also be shedding the bottom metal and box magazine. I'll be running this as a single shot. (This is going to be a dedicated silhouette competition rifle)

I am REALLY hoping that the stock weighs at least 3lbs, maybe a little closer to 4lbs. My HS Precision stock is right at 2lbs, and I'll be running a Leupold 24x fixie (14oz). If I have to I will cut off two inches of the 26" barrel to get it to meet specs but it would be nice if I can avoid that because I will be selling the barrel once my Shilen barrel comes in (7 month wait). I'll also most likely be selling the LRP stock right off the get go when it comes in.

So... could I talk any of you fellas into weighing your LRP stock for me? (With bottom metal and box mag) I would REALLY appreciate it. It'll give me a head start on planning my build while I am waiting on Savage to ship me my rifle.

Thanks!! Trent