Well the wait is over, our store got in two .260 lwh's last night and i got my pick of them. After seeing a stock on gb that didn't look so good i was kinda worried. The first one i opened had a good looking stock to it, in fact the rifle just flat looked good all together.

The second one i opened was even better, the rifle looked great and the stock was just beautiful, even had a little bit of burl to it. Needless to say i took the second one and after thinking about it for a moment i realized that i didn't own a wooden stock rifle at all, they just aren't practical in this area. But i own one now, and boy am i gonna cry when i scratch it for the first time.

Ok, to what we have been waiting for, ... it weighs 5lbs 11.6ozs that is without a scope base, just as shown on the savage web site. Yep it's a little over 3ozs more than listed, however it is still about 3/4 of a pound lighter than the standard model 11. I can live with it and i'm a very picky guy. I only see two things wrong with the rifle.

1-now i have to do the factory break in, unless the new owners lets me out of it.

2-it's just to da*n pretty to take out and scratch up. So if any of you are looking for a lightweight rifle this will fill the bill, and i guess i better find a hanky before i start hunting with it. blue