PDA

View Full Version : Savage Axis Frame Assembly

Pages : [1] 2

Kentkk58
08-18-2020, 10:34 AM
Hello.
I was working on my Axis the other day and apparently while doing so, the frame assembly ended up in the trash can, and you can fill in the details from there........
Anyone know where I can find one or does anyone have one for sale? I have checked at Savage, Brownells, and MidwayUSA nothing in stock.
FYI it a long action.
The part number in the diagram is 13
It's the little piece that the clips snaps into.

Any help would be greatly appreciated and Thank You!
Kent

Ted_Feasel
08-18-2020, 10:36 AM
Hello.
I was working on my Axis the other day and apparently while doing so, the frame assembly ended up in the trash can, and you can fill in the details from there........
Anyone know where I can find one or does anyone have one for sale? I have checked at Savage, Brownells, and MidwayUSA nothing in stock.
FYI it a long action.

KentI'd be dumpster diving lol

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

sharpshooter
08-18-2020, 10:58 PM
Referring to parts by their proper name would help immensely.....I'm clueless.

prdatr
08-19-2020, 10:32 AM
Here is the Manual. Figure 13 shows the recoil lug, is that what you are referring to?

https://www.savagearms.com/DAM/assets/pdf/Manuals/manual_centerfire_axis.pdf

Ted_Feasel
08-19-2020, 10:36 AM
Here is the Manual. Figure 13 shows the recoil lug, is that what you are referring to?

https://www.savagearms.com/DAM/assets/pdf/Manuals/manual_centerfire_axis.pdfHeck you should be able to get a recoil lug just about any place

Ted_Feasel
08-19-2020, 10:40 AM
Heck you should be able to get a recoil lug just about any place

Sent from my SM-N975U using TapatalkAnd I have a friend that thought he could do with out it on his 308 and on his 2nd shot both action screws sheared, the action and all came back broke his nose, 2 of his front teeth and fractured his sinus area around his eye so PLEASE don't shoot without it

Ted_Feasel
08-19-2020, 10:42 AM
And I have a friend that thought he could do with out it on his 308 and on his 2nd shot both action screws sheared, the action and all came back broke his nose, 2 of his front teeth and fractured his sinus area around his eye so PLEASE don't shoot without it

Sent from my SM-N975U using TapatalkNot to mention he had to put up with us making jokes about it for the next year [emoji14]

prdatr
08-19-2020, 03:29 PM
And I have a friend that thought he could do with out it on his 308 and on his 2nd shot both action screws sheared, the action and all came back broke his nose, 2 of his front teeth and fractured his sinus area around his eye so PLEASE don't shoot without it

That sounds really painful.

Ted_Feasel
08-19-2020, 04:29 PM
That sounds really painful.I think it was more painful when we wouldn't let him live it down lol.. it wasn't funny at first cause it really jacked hi up but after he started healing up the ribbing started hehehehehe

sharpshooter
08-19-2020, 04:57 PM
There is no "frame assembly", and there is no part 13 listed on the schematic.

Ted_Feasel
08-19-2020, 05:10 PM
There is no "frame assembly", and there is no part 13 listed on the schematic.I think he's talking about page 13.. just my guess

Ted_Feasel
08-19-2020, 05:11 PM
There is no "frame assembly", and there is no part 13 listed on the schematic.Or figure 13??

prdatr
08-20-2020, 09:46 AM
He might also mean the trigger guard.

Kentkk58
08-20-2020, 03:26 PM
Look at Accutrigger (Bottom Release) Model 212
Then you can say your sorry.
)

Kentkk58
08-20-2020, 03:35 PM
It's in my owners manual as ACCUTRIGGER (BOTTOM RELEASE) MODEL 212
PAGE 38
CALLED A ITEM #13. FRAME ASSEMBLY

Hello.
FYI it a long action.
It's the little piece that the clips snaps into.

Kent

sharpshooter
08-20-2020, 06:49 PM
If you are working on an Axis, why are you referring to the manual for a model 212?

mnbogboy2
08-20-2020, 09:03 PM
You must have been referring to the 12/112 owners manual the part #13 is the frame assembly that the detachable magazine (clip) snaps into. Unless you have an aftermarket stock (not mentioned) the axis magazine snaps directly into the stock. That would mean nothing was thrown in the trash and you are good to go. (confused but have my fingers crossed for you).
Good luck

charlie b
08-20-2020, 09:55 PM
Just curious so I got out my Model 10/12 manual and my Axis manual.

The Model 10/12 manual does indeed show a part number 13 called the frame assembly. Basically the 'bottom metal' that accepts the standard Savage DBM.

The Axis has no such part, and does not even have a part number 13. Now, to be precise, my Axis is not one of the new models, so, when Savage changed the Axis stock they may have added 'bottom metal' like the model 10 series.

PS the op can easily check his rifle to see if he is missing anything by inserting the magazine into the stock. If there is nothing to latch to then he is probably missing the frame. If it does latch, he has nothing to worry about.

Ted_Feasel
08-21-2020, 06:48 AM
Just curious so I got out my Model 10/12 manual and my Axis manual.

The Model 10/12 manual does indeed show a part number 13 called the frame assembly. Basically the 'bottom metal' that accepts the standard Savage DBM.

The Axis has no such part, and does not even have a part number 13. Now, to be precise, my Axis is not one of the new models, so, when Savage changed the Axis stock they may have added 'bottom metal' like the model 10 series.

PS the op can easily check his rifle to see if he is missing anything by inserting the magazine into the stock. If there is nothing to latch to then he is probably missing the frame. If it does latch, he has nothing to worry about.I think meant page or figure 13.. could be wong:)

wbm
08-21-2020, 10:30 AM
If you are working on an Axis, why are you referring to the manual for a model 212?

LOL...sorta wondered that my own self.