PDA

View Full Version : Savage Axis Frame Assembly

Pages : 1 [2]

Kentkk58
08-21-2020, 10:46 AM
This is an older model Axis which the clip does not use the stock as the clip retainer.
Would another model have the same piece? If so, maybe Savage actually does still have this piece in stock.
Or Brownells or Midway

Just curious so I got out my Model 10/12 manual and my Axis manual.

The Model 10/12 manual does indeed show a part number 13 called the frame assembly. Basically the 'bottom metal' that accepts the standard Savage DBM.

The Axis has no such part, and does not even have a part number 13. Now, to be precise, my Axis is not one of the new models, so, when Savage changed the Axis stock they may have added 'bottom metal' like the model 10 series.

PS the op can easily check his rifle to see if he is missing anything by inserting the magazine into the stock. If there is nothing to latch to then he is probably missing the frame. If it does latch, he has nothing to worry about.

wbm
08-21-2020, 06:07 PM
_.

mnbogboy2
08-21-2020, 10:09 PM
Really not sure it is an Axis he is talking about. Using a shotgun manual to find parts for an Axis doesn't make sense to me anyway. Maybe it is a 10/11/12/110 with an Axis barrel. I have a model 10 with a barrel that says Savage Axis!
Certainly this may be the case causing the confusion.

charlie b
08-21-2020, 10:33 PM
This is an older model Axis which the clip does not use the stock as the clip retainer.
Would another model have the same piece? If so, maybe Savage actually does still have this piece in stock.
Or Brownells or Midway

You'd probably have better luck with Numrich if it is that old.

Fuj'
08-22-2020, 08:12 AM
www.gunpartscorp.com (Numrich) They have bailed me out on
several occasions.

sharpshooter
08-22-2020, 11:16 AM
It's not an Axis......it's probably a Trophy Hunter.

Ted_Feasel
08-22-2020, 11:32 AM
Can you pull action and take a.picrure while pointing where missing part is or has everyone already brainstormed and figured out what was lost.. and im sure I could go back through the thread and answer my own question but im really short on time the last week and this week:/

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

J.Baker
08-25-2020, 11:47 PM
Page 8, figure 13 (first picture) in the aforementioned link. It's a photo of the Axis recoil lug.

mnbogboy2
08-29-2020, 10:35 AM
After re-reading his posts, it's clear he was working on his Axis and obviously knocked the frame assembly from his slug gun into the garbage!....lol

Probably shouldn't have both disassembled on the same bench at the same time in the future.

We may just have been scammed.

Ted_Feasel
08-29-2020, 11:00 AM
After re-reading his posts, it's clear he was working on his Axis and obviously knocked the frame assembly from his slug gun into the garbage!....lol

Probably shouldn't have both disassembled on the same bench at the same time in the future.

We may just have been scammed.I gave up lol

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk