PDA

View Full Version : I too am having Accutrigger problems

Pages : [1] 2

coffeediver
07-15-2020, 03:37 PM
I have a 10 FCP-K, bottom bolt release and cocking indicator in .308. Awhile back I had lessened the trigger spring tension and the rifle worked fairly well. I then bought an Oryx chassis and was having extreme difficulties installing the barreled action into it. Oryx/MDT sent me a new chassis and Was having the same issue. I then figured the pin that held the trigger assy to the action was in backward and was binding. I flipped the pin and was able to easily install it. I had never removed that before so no clue as to how it was flipped.

While changing the pin, the trigger assy came apart and it took me awhile to figure out how it went back together. I am not sure I got it completely correct as now I have serious issues with the Accutrigger locking up. I set the spring tension to the max and it still makes no difference. It will lock up just closing the bolt.

Does anyone with this type of configuration have any pictures of trigger assy and especially where all springs go and their orientation. Not sure this is the problem, just making sure. I don't necessarily want to buy a new trigger for this as I am currently playing with my new 110 Precision in 6.5 CR.

Any clues?

Barry

SLouis
07-15-2020, 06:58 PM
Barry,
i am brand new to savage shooters. I noticed your thread. I am a novice with rifles. I have a savage 10T-SR purchased last year. I had the trigger pull weight dropped to ~ 10 ounces from 30 ozs. After putting the trigger assembly back on the action and testing the trigger the sear will not move with or without the sear spring. I have a bottom bolt release. i cannot locate any videos or photos that may help. Likewise i am not sure of the orientation of the sear spring.
Thanks!

Dave Hoback
07-16-2020, 12:13 PM
Here ya go. Not disassembly, but you can see the how the spring is oriented.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTEJb5CQQTg

Edit: Found this pic that was posted by one of the members here.
https://i.ibb.co/6XTfP9w/0-A090-CD0-0-F16-45-DC-B418-A5-FEE8-DC74-AF.jpg (https://imgbb.com/)

coffeediver
07-16-2020, 01:38 PM
So according to that video I have the accutrigger installed correctly. The pin that holds it to the action on the video is how mine was set up but would not fit into the Oryx chassis and I had to reverse it.

This still makes no sense on why I cannot make the accutrigger work better even when tension is added to make trigger pull stiffer. Only thing I can think of is the sear is worn and just will not hold. I have 1235 +/- through this rifle, did not keep good records for the first 100/300 but am close.

Barry

GaCop
07-16-2020, 02:33 PM
Does the trigger work when the action is out of the stock?

coffeediver
07-16-2020, 03:46 PM
Works the same whether or not it is in the chassis. I was having this problem also in the accustock.

Barry

Dave Hoback
07-16-2020, 04:24 PM
So, what is the exact problem you are having with the action out of stock? Please explain in detail.

coffeediver
07-16-2020, 05:38 PM
So, what is the exact problem you are having with the action out of stock? Please explain in detail.

It works the same whether in the stock or not. The trigger pull is so light, even when adjusted for a heavier trigger pull or lightest. Adjust all the way light, it will not stay cocked and with it adjusted as heavily as it can it will barely stay cocked. Not sure if the sear engagement surfaces are worn down, but with less than 2000 rounds I would think it should still work. I may end up going with an aftermarket trigger but I would like this one to work.

Barry

mnbogboy2
07-16-2020, 10:46 PM
I will guess that the sear return spring is not installed correctly.
Does the bolt release feel normal when releasing the bolt? The sear spring sounds like it is not returning the sear with full spring force.
Do you have pictures of the sear spring in place as you reinstalled it?

coffeediver
07-16-2020, 11:00 PM
I will guess that the sear return spring is not installed correctly.
Does the bolt release feel normal when releasing the bolt? The sear spring sounds like it is not returning the sear with full spring force.
Do you have pictures of the sear spring in place as you reinstalled it?

That is something that I was wondering when the accutrigger fell apart on me and I was trying to put it back together with little to go on but some adjustment videos on youtube. I will take some pics tomorrow morning and post them.

Barry

Armouredtrooper
07-17-2020, 07:39 AM
Go to Utube and check the social regressive. He has accurized his Savage and shows in one of his videos how to polish and fix trigger problems. His video shows complete disassembly and reassembly of the accue trigger.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxC6V9482tI&t=184s

coffeediver
07-17-2020, 10:54 AM
Here are the pics for my accutrigger

Fotheringill
07-17-2020, 12:01 PM
OP-

Question- Is your trigger blade red or steel colored? It looks kind of pale red. If red, you have a target AccuTrigger and may change answers here.

mnbogboy2
07-17-2020, 12:07 PM
From what it appears the sear return spring is correct.
The sear itself looks "ugly". The mfg process of this part appears to be; laser cut, stamped to shape, heat treated and finally machining of sear surface. Not much left to machine in this case for whatever reason. I could be wrong on the process (sharpshooter probably knows exactly).
Maybe there are others on here that can verify with pictures what their sear looks like. I don't have a bottom bolt release but the top release sears have never looked that "crude".

Dave Hoback
07-17-2020, 12:14 PM
Everything looks correct. Still having trouble understanding exactly what’s happening. In your first post you said it keeps locking up. Then you talked about it not fitting in the chassis. Now you are saying it’s too light? What do you mean too light? Do you mean the sear is tripping on its own, thus being caught by the safety blade? Is that the “locking up”.

And if so, will this happen as it sits like in the photos? Out of the chassis or stock? So taking the barreled action, you rack the bolt which sets the trigger ready to fire. And it won’t stay cocked? The sear will trip easily?

If this is the case, let me ask one other question. Is there anything you haven’t told us? Did you at any point try polishing the trigger or sear surfaces? I ask, because if what I’m asking is the case, it does sound like the trigger components are work enough to not stay engaged. On a regular trigger, this would be considered an unsafe condition. Just if it’s happening out of the stock, and by the photos everything looks to put together properly...this points to the only cause being the sear & trigger surfaces.

wbm
07-17-2020, 12:54 PM
Is there anything you haven’t told us?

Don't meddle Dave. :rolleyes:

Dave Hoback
07-17-2020, 01:34 PM
Don't meddle Dave. :rolleyes:

LOL!

coffeediver
07-17-2020, 02:28 PM
The only thing I have done to this trigger is to adjust the trigger pull weight using the supplied too.

When trying to put this action into an Oryx chassis, I found that the pin holding the trigger assy to the action needed to be flipped around to fit.

No polishing of anything has been done.

Even with the adjustment spring set as heavy as I can get it, it will not stay cocked, the sear releases against the accutrigger blade and locks up requiring me to lift the bolt and re-cock. 9 out of ten times it will again release on its own.

Barry

Dave Hoback
07-17-2020, 04:35 PM
Gotchya. Lastly, is it happening with the pin in either way? If so, and if this happens in or out of the stock, than it requires a new new sear, trigger or both.

The pin shoulder on one side or the other should not matter...although I’ve never really tested it. Never had the need.

sharpshooter
07-17-2020, 05:08 PM
The edge of the sear is damaged, from what I see in the pic.